Monday, June 7, 2010

June 2, 2010 -- sickness

Well hello. The reason this is so late is because of Memorial day. The library was closed. Last week was rather odd. I spent most of my time last week sleeping. Now before you read further just know I'm doing just fine now and there is no need to worry. ;) 2 weeks ago I devolped what I thought was a common cold. My nose was stuffy and by that Friday I was couging. Well the cough got worse and wasn't going away. In fact it was keeping me up at night and I was getting any sleep. So last Monday I went to the doctors. I stumped the doctor and she gave me an inhaler and some antiboitics. Tuesday I wasn't suppose to go work, but I went that morning anyway. It was with a new investigator. I couldn't stay home. After the morning meeting though I was forced (by the Stewarts and Sis Benson, our mission doctor) to stay home. So I just hung out. Well that night the cough got even worse. By now I would get episodes at night around 9:00 Pm that would leave me fighting for air. This also kept me up all night Tuesday night. Wednesday I wasn't allowed to work at all. So I stayed in my PJs and just hung out around the house. I could do stuff and I didn't feel sick. So staying home while my comp went out with people to work was a killer. It drove me crazy! Well wednesday night I had another episode. The worst yet. I ended up around 9:00 pm talking to a doctor in Salt Lake that covers and takes care of over 2000 missionaries. He called me in a prescription that I had to pick up the next day. The time off wasn't that horrible. I spent the whole time with Bro Stewart. We're rather close and very much a like. His wife says we're cut from the same mold. Anyway, Thursday I got my new drugs. Which was prescription cough syrup with codeine in it. I'm a light weight when it comes to drugs. So I slept from noon to 6 pm. Then fell asleep on the Stewarts couch at 8:00 pm and woke up 6:00 am the next day. Friday I worked a little and Saturday I felt better. The cough is pretty much gone now. No one could figure out what was wrong. I stumped 3 doctors. Saturday was pretty cool. We helped an investigator redo his kitchen sink. We pulled up the old tiles and laid new ones. All that work I did as a kid is really paying off. Sunday was real cool as well. Sunday the speakers ended way early. So the bishopric told us (over the podium) that we were to be the concluding speakers. My comp bore his testimony and than I gave a 10 minute talk on faith. Shot from the hip and it worked wonderful. It was cool because I wasn't nervous. I wasn't worried. I just stood up and started talking. Well, I'm offf to go save souls. I love you and hope all is well at home.

Elder Tingey

1 comment:

  1. Please pass the message on to Elder Tingey that we think he's doing an awesome job and we're very proud of him!