Monday, June 7, 2010

May 24, 2010 -- a crazy, busy week

Hello it's been a crazy, busy week. It's the end of the 1st week of a new transfer. It's been a crazy 1st week. I really don't know where to start with it. I guess I'll start with the coolest stories.

First, last week we met this 15 year old kid named Gabriel. He was playing basketball outside a members house. We invited him to take lessons and he accepted. This week on Saturday we took him to a baptism. It was a very powerful baptism and it was a baptism of a girl who had been waiting for 5 years to be baptized. Her parents wouldn't let her be baptized. So she has been an unbaptized active member of the church since she was 12. Her parents caved finally and let her get baptized before she was 18. After this very amazing baptism. Our investigator Gabriel couldn't wait till he could be baptized. Up to this point we had only taught him once. So we met with him Saturday evening and taught him a lesson. The spirit was very strong and it was an amazing lesson. We set him with a date and now he will hopefully be baptized in 3 weeks. He came to church Sunday and felt the spirit very strong. Now Satan of course had a fit. We found out today that his mother wont let him get baptized till he is 18. So begins the fight against Satan. I have faith that all will work out like it should. Who knows, maybe we will end up baptizing the mother also.

Last week we were talking to a member at his house. He had weeds in the back that were 3+ feet high. He was talking about his desire to cut them down and to till up his front yard. So I called around and this Saturday I called him. I let him know that we were headed over to his house with a weed whacker and a tiller to take care of his lawn. He was surprised and very happy. We got it all taken care of and it looks wonderful now. While we were working though I got a phone call from a Mr. Bowman. He told me my clock was ready. I couldn't figure out what he was talking about and then I remembered the story. 3 months ago we met an old man making clocks in his garage. He made them out of California Redwood. I admired his clocks and struck up conversation with him. He than asked if I wanted one. I told him I wouldn't say no to one, but wasn't going to ask for one. He than asked for my name and phone number. Then we left. 3 months latter I get a call and he has made me a clock. I picked it up Sunday and it is rather beautiful. The challenge is going to be how to I get it home. Oh well, I'll figure that out later.

Well, I've got to run, but I love you.

Elder Tingey.

No comments:

Post a Comment